Black October Clan
Welcome to the Black October Clan! We have re-opened our doors and are accepting new members by invitation only, for the time being.

If you have been invited, please register and your registration will be processed. Please be patient, this may take 24-48 hours.

Thanks for visiting the Black October Clan!
Black October Clan
Welcome to the Black October Clan! We have re-opened our doors and are accepting new members by invitation only, for the time being.

If you have been invited, please register and your registration will be processed. Please be patient, this may take 24-48 hours.

Thanks for visiting the Black October Clan!
Black October Clan
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeCurrent StatsLatest imagesRostersRegisterLog in
Destiny Forum is UP!!!

Battlefield Server Rules

Go down 
+2
Bray2003
assassin_1984
6 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
assassin_1984
Administrator
assassin_1984

Battlefield Server Rules Empty
PostSubject: Battlefield Server Rules   Battlefield Server Rules I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 21, 2013 2:04 pm

The following rules apply to the Black October Clan Server (BOC)

1. Spawn Camping will not be tolerated (unless you have captured all objectives in conquest mode)
2. Jet ramming is not allowed you will be banned for it.
3. We are a professional clan so no T-bagging period
4. you will be kicked for destroying vehicles in enemy spawns
5. you cannot fly into enemy spawns and steal a vehicle, you will be banned
6. we are a running clan so if you are sitting miles away from the objectives sniping just to get kills you will be kicked
7. teamwork is a must, if you cant play for the objectives then leave our server
8. we do reserve the right to move and kick people for vip
9. if we move you and and you are playing with a friend let us know and we will move them too if possible
10. if you have a mic turn it on and get on team chat we play as a team and communication is important
11. if the coms become too much we may ask that only the squad leaders be on team chat so we can communicate more effectively
12. Do not place C4 on objectives you will be kicked, a three year old can go 20-0 doing that so you arent special just annoying
13. do not rig vehicles with c4 and drive in and blow the c4
14. Level 100s are welcome, just dont be a douche and dont get cocky we have a life gaming is just a hobby
15. BE RESPECTFUL, YOU ARE IN OUR SERVERĀ 
16. MOST IMPORTANTLY HAVE FUN AND IF YOU HAVE A REQUEST PM A BOC WE ALL ARE ADMINS AND WILL TRY TO ACCOMMODATE
Back to top Go down
Bray2003

Bray2003

PostSubject: Re: Battlefield Server Rules   Battlefield Server Rules I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 25, 2013 4:42 pm

I feel we should have different rules for different modes that we usually play in since some modes are different from each other. like a set of rules for conquest and a set for rush. Also I'd like to layout a rule for all members of the division. Not gonna point anyone out cause i dunno if we have don't this in the past or not but as members of Black October, I think we should apply our rules if we were in another server. If it doesn't make sense I'll try to simplify it for you little more. Say you join a server that isn't ours, still play by our rule as if you were in our server.
Back to top Go down
Darksniper_46

Darksniper_46

PostSubject: Re: Battlefield Server Rules   Battlefield Server Rules I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 25, 2013 6:13 pm

i feel tht 6 & 14 r targeting me lol
Back to top Go down
Bray2003

Bray2003

PostSubject: Re: Battlefield Server Rules   Battlefield Server Rules I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 26, 2013 12:19 pm

yeah Dark, I know they wont answer my post either "/
anyway. Our rules are pretty much based off a policy i like to call, Play Or Get The Fuck Off. or PGFO
Back to top Go down
krakrok75
Administrator
krakrok75

PostSubject: Re: Battlefield Server Rules   Battlefield Server Rules I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 26, 2013 1:01 pm

Bray, I'll respond to your post later this afternoon. And no Dark, none these are targetting you, except maybe no. 6. LOL. We're just trying to prevent a team of snipers 3 miles from the objectives and not getting enough kills to compensate for their lack of inclusion.
Back to top Go down
assassin_1984
Administrator
assassin_1984

PostSubject: Re: Battlefield Server Rules   Battlefield Server Rules I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 26, 2013 1:31 pm

To answer your question Bray, yes we should be following these rules no matter who's server we are in. These rules I put together from the biggest complaints I hear from people in various lobbies. We should be striving to keep our core beliefs in a professional point of view, reinforce the teamwork aspect that is getting lost with all of the call of duty players we have switching to battlefield and battlefield working more towards the COD style gameplay. I despise spawn camping but if the team has all of the objectives then I feel they have earned the right to, which is where the teamwork comes into play. You can get out of being spawn camped in every map it just takes teamwork to do it. As far as the sniping goes, the reason 6 is in there is because there are too many lobbies I go into with six recons sitting on a hill with no line of sight on the objectives shooting people. The whole point of a sniper is to provide long range support for infantry and to cover objectives when they are being taken or defended.
Back to top Go down
FatedScythe777

FatedScythe777

PostSubject: Re: Battlefield Server Rules   Battlefield Server Rules I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 26, 2013 2:25 pm

We don't have any rules against shotguns do we? I finally got a buddy of mine into BF3 and away from CoD and he loves using shotguns. He is a very good CQC player. I ask because I'm trying to convince him to join BOC. And one thing that pisses him off is how just about every rented lobby we join has a "no shotguns" rule. Personally I don't know why. It's in the game, I'm using it.
Back to top Go down
krakrok75
Administrator
krakrok75

PostSubject: Re: Battlefield Server Rules   Battlefield Server Rules I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 26, 2013 3:04 pm

There is no rule against shotguns. Or at least should be. I don't find the shotguns to be annoying outside of close quarters. The shotguns in shooters today are less powerful at long range. We are not trying to ruin anyone gameplay experience. The rules are in place to make us a respectable clan. Over the past few weeks, a number of gamers have texted me just to say that they like our server. This is very positive feedback. To be consistent, the rules apply on all servers.
Back to top Go down
assassin_1984
Administrator
assassin_1984

PostSubject: Re: Battlefield Server Rules   Battlefield Server Rules I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 26, 2013 3:33 pm

I am with krak on the shotguns, there is no rule on it, anytime I am playing on a map that is set up with numerous close quarters areas I always run a shotgun. Every weapon has a purpose and when it comes to shotguns their purpose is effective close quarters combat. The only real weapons restriction we have is the use of C4 on the objective. We try to frown on that just from the stand port that you can play an entire game by just C4ing the objective and sitting back hiding. That is not playing nor playing as a team that is just a annoyance from an individual who either can't use a gun or is scared to get out and get killed. Now with that being said people like wump don't bother me doing it because wump will throw the C4 out then run and kill people, not just sit back and wait to see people arm the objective
Back to top Go down
krakrok75
Administrator
krakrok75

PostSubject: Re: Battlefield Server Rules   Battlefield Server Rules I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 26, 2013 3:56 pm

Yes, while C4 is frown upon. It's only in camping situations.
Back to top Go down
Bray2003

Bray2003

PostSubject: Re: Battlefield Server Rules   Battlefield Server Rules I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 26, 2013 4:47 pm

but what if theres a tank? or are we just talking about conquest Dom?
Back to top Go down
krakrok75
Administrator
krakrok75

PostSubject: Re: Battlefield Server Rules   Battlefield Server Rules I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 26, 2013 5:25 pm

To clarify, we are only referring to C4 on the M-COM. I often see a player set the C4 then wait for someone to set. It's fine to use C4 just remember to protect and defend.
Back to top Go down
Bray2003

Bray2003

PostSubject: Re: Battlefield Server Rules   Battlefield Server Rules I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 26, 2013 5:40 pm

oh so what Wump does? (plant and wait)
Back to top Go down
krakrok75
Administrator
krakrok75

PostSubject: Re: Battlefield Server Rules   Battlefield Server Rules I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 26, 2013 6:06 pm

What Wump does is ok because while he running around "defending" he has the potential to get killed. On Rush and Dom, it hard to stay alive long enough to use the C4, which is why people camp. I will use C4 on bad teams or if outnumbered as a safety net. For me, it requires different tactics. Like I need to be near the objective behind cover with the C4 in hand. Just joking. But seriously, C4 on the objective is fine if you're running around weapon drawn and handing out ammo like candy.
Back to top Go down
assassin_1984
Administrator
assassin_1984

PostSubject: Re: Battlefield Server Rules   Battlefield Server Rules I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 26, 2013 7:16 pm

yeah krak pretty much hit what I was trying to say, i don't mind the c4 on the objective until people put it on there and just camp somewhere waiting for someone to try and arm or disarm. If you are using C4 on the objective then you need to be running around trying to defend or attack (which ever side you are on). This also adds to the teamwork and brings in coms. You should be defending or attacking and if someone gets to the M-Com your teammates show be telling people audibly and at that point you know to blow it. I know it aggravates not only myself but many other people when you get killed by C4 on the M-com only to see the person in your kill cam laying on the ground hidden jump up run to the M-com throw C4 then go back to their hiding spot and sit and watch the objective again. They do nothing for their team other than being one less person out defending and drawing down the enemies ticket count
Back to top Go down
Takeru247

Takeru247

PostSubject: Re: Battlefield Server Rules   Battlefield Server Rules I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 26, 2013 8:17 pm

what about rush bi pod camping like about 4 or 5 at one position whats the rules on that, also rules for t bagging and mav kills
Back to top Go down
assassin_1984
Administrator
assassin_1984

PostSubject: Re: Battlefield Server Rules   Battlefield Server Rules I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 26, 2013 8:44 pm

T-bagging is not tolerated (Rule #3) There are no restrictions on the mav, and if they feel the need to have 5 guys all together with LMGs with bi-pods I dont have a problem with that, that is why we have M67s and M203s and RPGs lol (plus extra points for multi kills)
Back to top Go down
Takeru247

Takeru247

PostSubject: Re: Battlefield Server Rules   Battlefield Server Rules I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 26, 2013 8:51 pm

alright so what is going to be the spawn camping rules for RUSH I feel those rules are not as clear as the line between spawn camping and holding the line, also me and RVB were playing 2 rounds of metro Rush and we argued about what would be considered camping and what is strategic placement. Could you please give an example of the two so I have a clear reference.
Back to top Go down
assassin_1984
Administrator
assassin_1984

PostSubject: Re: Battlefield Server Rules   Battlefield Server Rules I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 26, 2013 9:05 pm

All in all guys, Like i have stated to the BOC guys numerous times... Battlefield is about teamwork, there is no room for the COD style lone ranger BS. These rules are meant to cut out all of the BS from the matches and give BOC and the Battlefield community a gaming experience that battlefield was originally created for. Battlefield is a mix of skill, teamplay and tactics. There isn't any scenario that even a low skill group can't win as long as the game is played the way it was meant to be, everyone is communicating, and working as a team.

Somehow with BF3 the battlefield gaming experience has changed from a team oriented game into a call of duty style how many kills can I get. This mentality is what we are trying to combat. I am not going to put so many rules on the server that nobody knows what all the rules are. I have taken the top complaints that I hear in a majority of lobbies that I have played in and tailored the rules for our server and the way we play in Black October.

I feel that these list of rules are more than sufficient and adding anymore would do more harm than good, being i feel that players would be so worried about breaking the rules that 1 they would leave the lobby and 2 it would take the fun out of gaming. So far like krak has stated people enjoy our server and have placed it in their favorites. Mainly due to the fact that we don't kick people for being good, and we kick the riff raff that comes in. I think these rules have created a better playing experience for everyone that comes into our server, and intend on carrying it over into Battlefield 4

Brig. Gen. assassin_1984
Back to top Go down
Takeru247

Takeru247

PostSubject: Re: Battlefield Server Rules   Battlefield Server Rules I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 26, 2013 9:16 pm

alright fair enough
Back to top Go down
assassin_1984
Administrator
assassin_1984

PostSubject: Re: Battlefield Server Rules   Battlefield Server Rules I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 26, 2013 9:20 pm

as for your question on Rush. there really is no definite line that can be drawn considering every map is different. But metro for example: I never go past the outlining landscape that surrounds the objectives. I feel if you get too many guys pushing past that it creates almost and impenetrable line that the enemy will be stopped at. There isnt really any good flanking routes on the first set of objectives. If it comes down to them having a hard time getting to the objectives I usually fall back to our spawn, so that they have one less guy shooting at them ( which I don't expect any of you to do).

Again if you are attacking and getting spawn camped this is where teamwork comes into play. If you have 3 or 4 guys going up the middle and 3 or 4 going left and the same going right on attacking, you will never get through. send 12 guys up the right or left and you will push up before they know what happens to them. You have to think tactics in Rush more than anything because there are some maps that it is difficult to push up to the first set of objectives, and you should all know from playing with me especially on metro, if we are defending and have them spawn camped i will let it go on for a bit but eventually i give the order to fall back to the objectives, or all the way back to the spawn. Either way I usually will always let them have the first set just to keep the game going cuz even the best teams get spawn trapped. Its fighting through it that makes it fun.

So if you are attacking do not just give up because you are spawn trapped hold back and dont re-spawn talk tactics and you can make it through.
Back to top Go down
Takeru247

Takeru247

PostSubject: Re: Battlefield Server Rules   Battlefield Server Rules I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 26, 2013 9:44 pm

again fair enough just wanted to check
Back to top Go down
FatedScythe777

FatedScythe777

PostSubject: Re: Battlefield Server Rules   Battlefield Server Rules I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 27, 2013 12:51 am

Ok. Gotcha. My main purpose for C4 is against vehicles. It does it's job good sitting on road sides waiting for enemy vehicles to pass by it. And I agree. My classes are set up based on style and situation. Large maps warrant sniper rifles on occasion. CQC maps get a taste of my 870. but for the most part I enjoy my carbines and LMGs. I favor suppression/defense in Conquest and Rush. And offense in deathmatch. You can always count on my repair tool or first aid kit too. Now if only I had internet that didn't lag...
Back to top Go down
assassin_1984
Administrator
assassin_1984

PostSubject: Re: Battlefield Server Rules   Battlefield Server Rules I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 27, 2013 11:38 pm

Yeah I wish your internet connection was better too bro.
Back to top Go down
FatedScythe777

FatedScythe777

PostSubject: Re: Battlefield Server Rules   Battlefield Server Rules I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 28, 2013 2:51 pm

Well if I get accepted to UT Dallas in Richardson that will change. I'll be moving in with my buddy (SouthernCross09), and his Marine buddy (this will be interesting, 2 Marines & and a Soldier). Anyways, I'll have better internet. Good enough to play online with you guys. Was over there yesterday just playing some MW3. So come this fall (fingers crossed) I'll be at UTD, be moved in with my buddy, and I'll be able to play with everyone regularly again.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Battlefield Server Rules   Battlefield Server Rules I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Battlefield Server Rules
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Black October Clan :: General Discussion :: Public Forums :: Guest Forum-
Jump to: